CFA Society Toronto and The Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) invite you to join us for this luncheon panel discussion on the art and science of forecasting from the unique perspectives of four professionals practicing in different fields.
Forecasting is a crucial task for those charged with formulating predictions of trends, economic conditions or valuing shares, assets, liabilities, or an interest in a business. As predicting the future based on knowledge of today’s circumstances is often regarded as an impossible task, what steps can be taken to improve the accuracy and validity of a forecast?
This luncheon panel discussion invites members from the investor, valuation and accounting communities to discuss the art and science of financial forecasting. Panel members will share their perspectives on the topic, discuss anecdotes and examples, and will engage with the audience via a Q&A session.
- The incorporation of risk when preparing economic/financial forecasts
- Due diligence concerns specific to forecasts when generating assessments of value
- Audit’s role in assessing reasonability of financial forecasts
- Professional responsibilities concerning reliance when transferring reporting to third parties
- Industry perspectives on forecasting best practices